Has your business outgrown the features of Trello? Are you looking for worthy and next-gen Trello alternatives to manage your workflow as seamlessly as you’d like?
Without a doubt, Trello is a good project management tool used by thousands to organize their tasks, map out projects, and collaborate with others. But for a growing team, its limited functionalities and features may not be enough.
A survey conducted by Capterra shows that businesses expect a good project management tool to be able to handle multiple tasks efficiently. So it goes without saying that whatever program they choose must be loaded with advanced features.
Image via Capterra
If you’ve landed on this article, then you certainly have similar expectations from a well-rounded project management (PM) tool.
That’s where Trello alternatives take centre stage. While there are several contenders in the market, finding the right one for your organization can be draining.
We understand the pain.
To help you choose the best tool, we have curated a list of the top 15 Trello alternatives and compared their features and pricing. This will give you an overview of the pros and cons of the leading Trello alternatives.
Have we got your attention?
Good! Let’s get started with exploring your options.
Top 15 Trello Alternatives for Project Management
Time is always of the essence; who knows that better than project professionals?
When you recognize the need to do much more in a given time, you’ll want to equip your team with the best, most agile project management tool.
If your sense so far is that Trello has more holes than swiss cheese when it comes to meeting your project management needs, then it’s time to move on.
Here are the 15 best Trello alternatives to consider investing in to boost your team’s productivity.
Image via monday.com
Monday.com is an award-winning project management software you’d be smart to consider for your organization. Rated one of the best Trello alternatives, monday.com can help you design custom solutions for your team to collaborate efficiently and accomplish complex projects on time.
It allows you to manage multiple teams with its highly responsive interface, productivity features, and customization facilities.
Zoom in on its features to see if its indeed one of the best Trello alternatives for your business.
- Offers 200+ templates suitable for a variety of industries and use cases
- 30+ customizable column types
- Real-time sync for groups, items and updates
- Gives access to 8 different data visualizations including Kanban, Calendar, Timeline, Gantt, map, form, workload, and main views
- 386 million human actions are saved for advanced automation
- Allows flexibility to onboard and assign tasks
- Offers workflow automation
- As one of the top Trello alternatives, it is compatible with iOS and Android devices
- Allows you to think and work together for better productivity
- Offers unlimited automation recipes
- Brings you daily webinars, articles, and tutorials for knowledge enhancement
- Seamless integrations with various third-party applications
- Beginners may need a while to get used to the variety of features and customization options offered by this tool
- Users will need a certain level of experience to leverage monday.com to the fullest
- Individual: Free forever
- Basic: $8 per user month
- Standard: $10 per user per month
- Pro: $16 per user per month
- Enterprise: Contact them for pricing
Image via ClickUp
ClickUp markets itself as an all-in-one task management tool for businesses big and small. As one of the top-rated Trello alternatives, it aims to eliminate the clutter and organize all of your tasks in one place.
Founded in 2017, ClickUp has quickly gotten itself on the list of reliable Trello alternatives owing to its aggressive task management features and machine learning capabilities.
Using Trello alternatives such as ClickUp is an easy way to boost your efficiency and productivity.
- With collaboration detection, you can see who is viewing, commenting, or editing
- ClickUp Docs allows multiplayer editing, custom permissions, and much more
- Allows you to import projects from other tools automatically
- Offers a multi-task toolbar that allows you to quickly switch between tasks
- With this top Trello alternative, you can track project progress and time spent on each task
- Suitable for teams with 1 to 1000+ members
- Helps assign multiple tasks to individuals and streamline work
- ClickApps allows various levels of customization
- Free plan is loaded with all the basic features and 100MB storage
- 24×7 support over the phone and via email
- A sharp learning curve for first-time users: the tool looks complex due to too many configuration and customization options
- First-time ClickUp users will need a little practice to get used to it.
Like most Trello alternatives, ClickUp offers a Free Forever plan that has sufficient features to get you started. You can later upgrade to plans like:
- Unlimited: $5 per user/month
- Business: $12 per user/month
- Business Plus: $19 per user/month
- Enterprise: Custom pricing
Image via Asana
Asana brings your team together in style with a list view, teamlines, boards, and much more. As one of the leading Trello alternatives, this tool offers 200+ integrations that bring all your work to one place.
What's more, you can automate multiple repetitive tasks in simple steps.
No wonder leading companies like Amazon, Under Armour, Sky, and others rely on Asana for project management.
- Create captivating Gantt charts in virtually no time
- Customizable field names, types and values help you track tasks that are important to you
- Real-time charts and visual highlights help keep an eye on task progress and workload
- Rules allow you to automate important actions in your work processes
- Automation helps streamline work to save time and reduce errors
- Sync your work on multiple devices in real-time
- Asana app is available for iOS and Android users
- Asana’s valuable educational resources and customer community help you to optimize all of the features
- Asana is priced a bit higher than other Trello alternatives
- Easy to use for seasoned project managers, while beginners may take a while to use it comfortably
- Basic: Free forever
- Premium: $10.99 per user/month
- Business: $24.99 per user/month
- Enterprise: Contact Sales
Image via Airtable
Airtable is our next choice on the list of Trello alternatives. Airtable’s intuitive platform offers organizational flexibility at its best. With it, you can create your own solutions to manage projects to bring out the best in your team.
200,000+ growing companies use Airtable to streamline their workflow, assign tasks, and enhance efficiency.
What else does it have in common with other Trello alternatives?
Let’s find out.
- Allows you to transfer information into customized views like Kanban view, Gantt view, Calendar view, Grid view, and Gallery view
- Interface Designer lets you provide relevant information to each team member and stakeholder
- Airtable offers ready-made extensions and scripts to supercharge your productivity
- It lets you sync data from different sources
- Airtable’s flexible UI lets you build your own reporting templates
- Design a completely customized interface in no time
- Airtable’s intuitive dashboards are easy to use on any device, be it mobile or desktop
- Airtable lets you integrate hundreds of apps and services
- Airtable guides, blog, and community forum help you stay updated
- Seasoned Excel users may feel that some of the essential features are missing
- Easy to use if you have a good understanding of how to use spreadsheets
- Free: Sign up and use the tool for free
- Plus: $10 per user/month
- Pro: $20 per user/month
- Enterprise: Contact Sales
Image via Jira
Next up in the roundup of Trello alternatives is Jira, which is yet another product from the makers of Trello.
Jira has everything you need to manage project cycles, improve team collaboration, and track project milestones.
What’s more, over 500 integrations are available to offer any missing functionality that other Trello alternatives offer.
Go over the features to see if Jira is one of the suitable Trello alternatives for your business.
- Curated templates to create new projects for each team across departments
- Calendar, Jira’s version of Gantt Chart, and Timeline to view project status
- 500+ integrations and 3000+ extensions to streamline project management
- Ability to create advanced roadmaps and custom dashboards to track projects
- Kanban boards to organize tasks, programs, and projects
- One of the best Trello alternatives in terms of customization of project workflows
- Easy to plan projects
- Real-time view of project status and team’s workload
- Agile metrics offer actionable data on the teams’ performance
- Integrates with essential business tools
- The extensive features can be overwhelming for new users.
- Involves a learning curve
- Free: Up to 10 users
- Standard: $500 per year
Image via Notion
If you are looking for Trello alternatives that are flexible and feature-packed, you can give Notion a try.
While it has standard features that help you plan and execute projects of all scales, it is one of the best Trello alternatives if you handle internal knowledge bases or require company wiki.
Read on to compare Notion with other Trello alternatives.
- Templates and the drag-and-drop feature to customize the platform, dashboard, or document.
- Content blocks and database to create various types of content.
- List, calendar, table, timeline, gallery, and kanban board views.
- Track, update, and plan multiple projects from a centralized platform.
- Enables collaboration and team communication.
- Real-time updates and complete visibility give teams a holistic view of tasks.
- Features desktop, web, and mobile app
- Free templates to build workflows
- Powerful integrations
- Easy access management
- Unlike most Trello alternatives, Notion does not offer milestone management
- Takes time to set up and use all the functions
- Personal: Free for individuals
- Personal Pro: $4/month
- Team: $8 per user/month
- Enterprise: Contact Sales
Image via Wrike
When it comes to Trello alternatives, you may be looking for cutting-edge solutions that offer insights into inherent project risks and remediations.
If so, Wrike is one of the best Trello alternatives for your business.
In addition to the staple features of project management, Wrike’s Work Intelligence™ helps you manage project risks and automate tasks.
That’s not all. The intuitive, customizable dashboard ensures your team enjoys the visibility required to stay on top of projects.
Take a closer look at its features to decide if it's one of the ideal Trello alternatives for you.
- Templates and tools to create custom workflows and dashboards for each project
- Drag-and-drop functions to build interactive Gantt charts and set project schedules
- Interface Designer lets you provide relevant information to each team member and stakeholder
- Report wizard to create, edit, and share interactive progress reports
- Collaborative approval and proofing tool to streamline tasks, eliminate miscommunications and delays
- Work Intelligence™ recommends prioritization lists, risk predictions, and suggested remediations
- A collaborative and intuitive project management tool
- AI-powered project management
- Customizable dashboard and workflows
- Streamlines approvals and document sharing
- Time tracking feature needs improvement
- The interface is difficult to navigate for new users
- Free: $0
- Professional: $9.80 per user/month
- Business: $24.80 per user/month
- Enterprise: Contact Sales
Image via Podio
Next up in this discussion on Trello alternatives is Podio. The highlight of this software solution is its ability to help you streamline administrative tasks, strengthen security, and build a connected workforce.
Read on to know if its features align with the ones the best Trello alternatives offer.
- Track, discuss, and share files in addition to viewing real-time changes to files.
- Automate workflows and store all documents in centralized storage.
- Social activity streams and built-in chat apps boost knowledge sharing and collaboration.
- A dynamic task management interface supports document sharing and task delegation.
- Podio’s native app allows you to sync your external calendar to provide a unified company calendar.
- Easy file sharing
- Mobile apps for on-the-go project management
- Powerful integrations with popular tools including Google Calendar, Evernote, and Zendesk
- Granular admin controls
- The interface needs a design upgrade
- Help is required to set up and use the software initially.
- Free: $0 for up to 5 employees
- Basic: $7.20/month
- Plus: $11.20/month
- Premium: $19.20/month
Image via Teamwork
The Trello alternatives we have talked about so far offer useful features such as time tracking, templates, and easy project visualization. Teamwork is no exception.
In addition to these expected features, Teamwork allows you to track profitability and manage your project budgets. How cool is that?
Before you invest in Trello alternatives such as Teamwork, it’s important to evaluate all the features, pros, and cons.
So, here we go.
- Its resource management tool allows you view your team’s workload, prioritize tasks, and plan resources in advance for future projects.
- Templates help improve processes and deliver projects in a timely manner.
- The Kanban board allows you to view the project status and automate workflows.
- Time management software to track time spent on projects and better manage resources.
- Real-time view of each project’s financial performance to manage budget and optimize profitability.
- A wide range of project management templates to streamline tasks
- Intuitive resource and budget management tools
- Integrates with popular business and CRM tools
- Milestone and time-tracking
- The interface is sluggish and slow to respond.
- Easy to use
- Free: For up to 5 users
- Deliver: $10 per user/month
- Grow: $18 per user/month
- Scale: Contact Sales
Image via Pipefy
The purpose of using Trello alternatives is to enhance your business process efficiency by streamlining project workflows.
And, this is where Pipefy shines.
As one of the viable Trello alternatives, Pipefy lets you automate manual tasks and fine-tune project workflow to save money and time.
Let’s see what other features it has in common with other Trello alternatives.
- Customizable templates and drag & drop feature to create custom workflows
- Automate tasks by creating standardardized portals and forms
- Integrates with existing apps to streamline project management
- Visual dashboards to import and analyze data
- Built-in calendar to keep track of deadlines
- Intuitive interface
- No-code workflow management platform
- Easy to use templates
- Automates routine tasks
- Unlike most Trello alternatives, Pipefy does not support internal communication between employees.
- The user-friendly interface makes it an easy-to-use tool for beginners.
- Starter: Sign up and use the tool for free
- Business: $18 per user/month
- Enterprise: $30 per user/month
- Unlimited: Contact Sales
Image via LiquidPlanner
LiquidPlanner is one of the smart Trello alternatives that dynamically update project schedules and tasks in real-time when the scope of your project changes.
In addition to intelligent predictive project scheduling, LiquidPlanner helps you manage risks and uncertainties involved in project management.
Check out its features to see if its one of the Trello alternatives you need to invest in.
- Intelligent predictive scheduling engine runs multiple simulations across projects to optimize project schedules
- Smart Schedule Bars automatically recalculate project schedules and tasks when scope, resources, or priority change
- View the team’s bandwidth to manage resources and timelines
- Structured prioritization helps focus on the most important tasks
- Ranged estimates allow you to capture uncertainty and factor it in the project schedule
- One of the best Trello alternatives for risk management
- Integrated time tracking
- Predictive scheduling feature
- Intuitive dashboard
- Lacks milestone management and interactive Gantt charts
- Takes a lot of time for new users to set up and use the tool.
- Essentials: $15 per user/month
- Professional: $25 per user/month
- Ultimate: $30 per user/month
Image via Flow
Flow is one of the modern Trello alternatives you need for easy project management. Right from real time notifications, project visualization, to user access control, Flow offers what you need to streamline conversations, tasks, and timelines.
Read on to see how it compares with the other Trello alternatives listed here.
- Allows you to switch easily between Kanban, Calendar, Timeline, and list views
- Create custom project schedules and get real-time notifications on tasks
- Sort and filter project boards and task lists to quickly find what you need
- Customize and pin your projects on a dashboard to prioritize tasks
- Easy to export files, tasks lists, and entire projects
- Robust filtering and sorting tools
- Drag and drop feature to move tasks between teams
- The mobile app experience is not as seamless as expected from the best Trello alternatives
- Easy to use
- Basic: $6 per user/month
- Plus: $8 per user/month
- Pro: $10 per user/month
Image via Avaza
If it’s time to stop juggling multiple apps and manage all of your tasks with one all-in-one PM tool, then it’s time to try out Avaza. As one of the leading Trello alternatives, Avaza allows you to collaborate on tasks, projects, chat, time tracking, resources, and expense management.
This cloud-based software suite is best suited for client-focused businesses. Go ahead and enjoy online project collaboration with your clients to save time and boost productivity.
- Smart email integration allows you to discuss and respond to comments with ease
- Provides the option to view tasks in Kanban, Gantt, and list views
- Allows you to generate insightful, beautiful reports that are easy to understand
- Generates customized invoices and lets you manage multiple invoices effortlessly
- Best suited for freelancers and small businesses
- Allows you to drag and drop attachment into tasks
- Lets you automate work processes to reduce errors
- Provides access to all the features on any device so that you can use it on-the-go
- Enjoy integrations with many popular third-party apps
- Avaza lacks offline capabilities while working on projects remotely
- Some features which are free in other Trello alternatives are only available in the paid plans in Avaza
- With basic project management skills, one can use Avaza comfortably
- Free: unlimited free access for 1 user
- Startup: $11.95 for up to 2 users/month
- Basic: $23.95 for up to 5 users/month
- Business: $47.95 for up to 10 users/month
Image via Kantata
Formerly known as Mavenlink, Kantata, a powerful project management tool, is up next on our list of Trello alternatives.
It brings you a powerful collection of top-notch functionalities like operational management, resource optimization, business intelligence, integration, and workflow automation.
When compared with Trello, Kantata has several useful and advanced features to help your team integrate tasks, resources, and projects for better performance.
- Customizable command center allows better tracking of tasks, project progress, and budget
- Dynamic Resource Optimization helps your team make more informed decisions
- Offers integration like no other tool on the market
- Customize workflow by using drag-and-drop tools and reusable components
- You can see time and budget entries in real-time
- Enjoy seamless integration with top apps and services
- Mavenlink allows you to bill times to every task and project individually
- A bit expensive compared to other Trello alternatives
- Does not have a mobile app
- Kantata is easy to learn and use with some basic project management understanding
- Contact the team for customized pricing
Image via Basecamp
Basecamp, the final tool on our list of Trello alternatives should by no means be underestimated. Founded in 2004, this tool is a pioneer in remote project management: so much so that the team went on to write a popular book named “Remote” about working remotely.
With Basecamp’s six core tools, your team can assign tasks, collaborate, and communicate with greater clarity, resulting in enhanced productivity.
- Basecamp brings you six core tools: Message Boards, To-dos, Schedule, Docs and Files, Group Chat, and Automatic Check-ins
- These tools can be customized, turned off, or integrated with other tools you may already be using
- Hill Chart, a Basecamp exclusive, helps keep a track of your projects
- “Hey” is Basecamp’s new email app, redefining your email communications
- As one of the leading Trello alternatives, Basecamp apps are available for iOS, Android, Mac and desktop users
- With Basecamp, your every team member stays informed and updated about his role
- With this tool, you can manage all your project-related communications in one place
- Blog, podcast, and video tutorials guide you in learning how to optimize the tool
- Does not offer a free version (unless you are a student or a freelancer)
- UI interface and design can be improved
- Beginner/ Intermediate
- Basecamp is relatively easy to use
- Basecamp Business: $99 per month
Q1. What is the best alternative to Trello?
A. We have shared a list of the 7 best Trello alternatives you’d do well to consider for your business. Each one of them is feature-rich and can help save time, resources and money for your team. Choose one of these Trello alternatives based on your business’ unique requirements.
Q2. Is there a Google alternative to Trello?
A. Google Workspace could be considered as Google’s answer to Trello. G Suite can be used for team collaboration, communicating with team members, sharing tasks, data, and much more.
Q3. Who are Trello’s competitors?
A. The top Trello alternatives are:
- ..and others.
Q4. Why is Trello not good?
A. While Trello is a good project management tool for startups, it has several limitations when compared to other project management tools.
- It lacks the advanced project management features needed to manage complex projects
- It has limited views
- It may not be the most agile project management tool
- Communication features lack refinement
- There are limitations in integration
Q5. What should I look for in a good project management tool?
A. When you are selecting a project management software, keep these things in mind:
- Ease of use
- Cloud support
- Flexibility to manage tasks
- Control over the tasks
- Seamless integrations with leading tools
- Scalability and reliability
Which Trello Alternatives Would You Choose to Manage Projects?
So there you have it, our top 15 picks of Trello alternatives that you can consider for project management.
Each of these Trello alternatives is feature-rich and, when used intelligently, can take your team’s productivity to a whole new level.
Once you’re clear about your requirements, you can select the most appropriate Trello alternative for your organization.
So, which one among these 15 Trello alternatives did you find most appealing? What are those few all-important features that you feel every project management tool should have? Let us know in the comments section.